Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sensory Equipments

These are just a few of the sensory gears which I used on my son during his earlier years of life.
1. The long rubber ball. Get your child to sit and bounce on it. Roll over, whatever you can think of using with it.

2. The ball - about the same. Lay your child on it front/back and roll him around. Great sensation and most children love it. You have a choice of a plain or a spiky ball depending on your child's sensory tolerance.

3. This brush is a crucial tool for working with children or adults with sensory processing issues. Brushes are ideal for clinic or home use. This brush is commonly called the "corn brush" and is the preferred brush for the protocol.


Please do not substitute by buying household brush. It is NOT the same. Let me say it again, it's rough and hard on the skin. Definitely doesn't provide the same sensation and stimulus. Otherwise, I don't need to buy a special brush if it's available at the sundry shop! Please again no TOILET BRUSHES. I have seen special centres using them on the children and I am speechless.

Please visit the following site for more information regarding Sensory Intergration.

No comments: