Saturday, May 10, 2008

Using Shapes To Make Pictures

I am not an artist, in fact I can't draw well myself. But I have always been interested in `art'. So these are the few simple things I do with kids who enjoys and my main aim is to let them know that the pictures they draw do not need to look perfect. As long as they can understand the concept of using shapes to form pictures.


You may see the shape of a square and a triangle representing a house. This is a great link to teach and inspire you to draw! Learn To Draw Whatever You Want

Try doodling first. Simply encourage your child to doodle away by drawing a spiral. It's fun and eye catching. You can get him/her to start off from the middle and draw a continous circle until it covers the page. Add on by using a few crayons/colour pencil, or use those multi coloured crayons which you could get from the art shop.

Make different shapes and sizes. What I did on my own is to add on a head, four legs and a tail and I have myself a funny looking tortoise. Or you could add on eyes, fins and a tail and you have a funny looking fish! Simple as that and who says you can't draw!

No comments: